“Behind the wheel” explains how to distinguish a trifling fault from the serious nature of acceleration.Alexey Revin “driving”Expert
The engine is not running, or if there is nothing to burn, or have nothing to burn.
The people’s rights. Virtually any imperfections in the engine basically boils down to these reasons. And yet there are situations in which arson fuel mixture is not held on time, early or late ignition.
What are the failures when overclocking?
- Isolated failure — the disappearance of thrust for a few seconds.
- Rocking — consecutive failures.
- Jerk — the loss of thrust duration in seconds.
- Twitch is a sequence of several jerks.
The main causes of failures when overclocking
- Insufficient fuel pressure (due to weak fuel pump). Once the engine starts to consume fuel more than the pump provides, the pressure in the fuel rail drops and the spray nozzles are deteriorating, until the end. The engine speed is reduced, fuel consumption is reduced, the pump begins to handle the revs rise, etc. in a vicious circle.
- Clogged mesh of the fuel consumer, plugged fuel filter and strong wear of the pump. And after the attacks on the roads you can meet a dent in the fuel line under the bottom, which lets the fuel is literally a drop.
- Water in the fuel. The introduction of even a droplet of water to the rail and then the injector can cause the skipping combustion in the cylinder that will be perceived as a temporary loss of traction. What to say if water in the fuel will be slightly more.
- Misalignment in the individual sensors and actuators of the engine management system. For example, if the system has a cable-throttle glued to the sensor throttle position, the electronic control unit will pull the engine. Based on incorrect data from a sensor to enrich or to impoverish the fuel mixture at random. The same happens in the case of a faulty sensor mass air flow. Possibly even many combinations of issues in multiple sensors of the fuel injection system. Watch the lamp “Check Engine”, maybe its ignition and the failures are connected.
- The insulation breakdown of the spark plugs and high voltage wires. Faulty ignition coil. All these defects may occur only in certain modes, and it is very likely that just on acceleration when the engine requires maximum return.
- Defective phase shifters and control devices, they can trigger wrong adjustment processes of the intake and exhaust. The most dangerous case, which could lead to the overhaul of the engine, the jump chain or timing belt on a few teeth.
- If the car has an automatic transmission or CVT, the reason may be in them. This happens when the failed (stuck) torque Converter. Mechanical and robotic transmission can give the same symptoms when defective clutch mechanisms.
The main means of prevention — the timely performance of routine maintenance on the car. Plus I recommend to learn at least a simple diagnosis of the engine management system with scanner ELM 327. It will help you to separate the more dangerous car malfunctions from those with whom you can get to the garage.
- How to behave, seeing that Check Engine light up? Read about it here.