Nthe new rules written in the decree of the Cabinet №885 “On amending the regulation on the procedure for issuing driver’s licenses and admission of citizens to management of vehicles”.
Now the certificate will be issued for two years — innovation was initiated to reduce the number of accidents. The new rules also include restrictions for beginners speed limit – no more than 70 km/h. After two years, the driver will undergo an additional check on administrative violations and if there were not more than two will be able to obtain permanent rights without exams.
In the case of deprivation of rights, the novice driver will have to re-take the medical examination and to pass theoretical and practical exams at the service centre of the Ministry of interior.
Ukrainians will be allowed to drive without a license
In addition, Ukraine has begun work on the provision of periodic training of professional drivers – they will have to undergo refresher courses every 5 years, but without follow-up exams. Retraining will be conducted to repeat and reinforce knowledge regarding safe driving.
This category includes all drivers of vehicles and freight. Any driver from this category will not be allowed to work without a certificate of completion. A similar system works in the EU since 2006.
The list of administrative offenses for which denied a driver’s license:
- The traffic violation, which led to the establishment of emergency (article 122 part 4 of the Cao). Deprivation of rights for a period of 6 months to 1 year.
- If the driver has not fulfilled the requirement of the police to stop the vehicle (article 122-2 of the Cao). Deprivation of rights for a period of 3 to 6 months.
- For departure on a railway crossing in cases where the movement through the crossing is prohibited (article 123, part 2 of the Cao). Deprivation of rights for the term from 1 year to 2 years.
- Violation of traffic rules, which entailed damage of vehicles, freight, highways, streets, railway crossings, road constructions or other property (article 124 of the Cao). Deprivation of rights for a period of 6 months to 1 year.
- Driving a vehicle in a condition of alcoholic, narcotic or another intoxication and under the influence of drugs that reduce attention and speed of reaction (article 130 of the Cao). Deprivation of rights for the term from 1 year to 10 years.
- Violation of the rules of operation of vehicles: driver’s control of a car that has faulty brake system, steering, trailer hitch, external lighting devices or other technical fault (article 121, part 3 of the Cao). Deprivation of rights for a period of 3 to 6 months.
The penalty for unfastened seat belt will increase in 17 times