The expression “the engine troit” originated in the era of the dominance of four-cylinder engines. “Troit” meant that one of the cylinders of the engine is not running, and for him to take the rap for the remaining three.Revin Alex “driving”the ExpertKolodochkin Michael “at the wheel”Expert
The expression so had to court, which automatically spread to the rest of the motors regardless of the number of cylinders. Therefore, even cylinder Eye often “Troilus” — although it would be correct to say “adnil”. And with modern European trends towards the spread of 3-cylinder engines these engines will get the opportunity to “doit”. But will still use the word “triple”.
What could cause the malfunction of one cylinder? The main reasons, as we know since the days of carbureted engines, only two: either there is nothing to burn, or have nothing to burn. Well, let’s start to bend fingers:
- Not working spark plug
- Fuzzy high-voltage wire (who left…)
- Naughty individual ignition coil and its wiring (often that she dined rats)
- Refused the atomizer (or pours or doesn’t open) or its wiring
Candle and high-voltage wire. This couple made troit more than one generation of engines.Candle and high-voltage wire. This couple made troit more than one generation of engines.
If an injector went on strike, normally a cylinder to work.If an injector went on strike, normally a cylinder to work.
While everything seems to be simple — and the methods of repair when such failures is quite obvious: defective parts should be replaced. But there are situations when the fuel is supplied, and ignition fine, but the mix still does not turn on. There can be other reasons.
- Insufficient compression of the mixture in the cylinder (bad piston rings, battened down the cylinder wall, the burnout in the piston or valve, improper adjustment of valves, a tappet hanging out in the open, etc.)
- A lean mixture due to leakage in intake piping, gaskets, cracks or air suction through the hose of the vacuum amplifier of brakes.
- Leakage of the cylinder (or the penetration into it of a cooling liquid) due to the breakdown of gaskets, cracked cylinder heads, etc.
Misaligned valves — and here is the motor already troit.Misaligned valves — and here is the motor already troit.
Enough intake gasket tubing to lose integrity, as the engine starts troit because of a lean condition.Enough intake gasket tubing to lose integrity, as the engine starts troit because of a lean condition.
Five minutes of this “making” is not to cure except to replace the waste hose from the collector can be pretty fast. But defects like burnt valve would require a major fuss.
Tell, whether there were at you cases when the engine of “Troilus” for some other exotic reason.
Why is the engine “troit”, and what to do about it?Why is the engine “troit”, and what to do about it?